Timothy E. Butts, Sr.
Business Innovation Advocate, Entrepreneur, Educator, and IT systems thought leaderPrincipal Consultant at TEB & Associates LLC.
Timothy E. Butts Sr is a senior IT consultant.
He is a former innovation advisor at the world-renowned Texas Medical Center Innovation Institute where selected health care startups nurture ideas into business cohorts and then align the businesses with investors to spark disruptive innovation in healthcare.
Tim manages TEB & Associates and empowers clients’ business engagement, system interoperability,
and operations management performance.
Timothy is a community-minded servant leader. He has served as a church deacon for over 25 years and is a previous regional chapter president of the NAACP.
He got his start in Telecom IT right out of high school and has had successful management experiences
delivering EHR solutions at Mayo Clinic, Population health at Texas Children’s Hospital, business systems analysis at Eli Lilly/ Elanco Animal Health, and CRM ERP solutions at Tyco, GlaxoSmithKline, University of
Pennsylvania (Wharton), Allegheny Technologies Incorporated.
Timothy is a faculty member at the University of Houston College of technology.
Tim loves to inspire through mentorship and being a lifelong learner. He is working on his Ph.D. at Trident University.
He is dedicated to sharing ideas, knowledge, wisdom via mentorship, team focus, and client engagement.
Professional Affiliations and Credentials
• BDPA President for Houston Texas and life member
• Microsoft partner (TEB)
• PMI Certified
• HIMSS thought leader
• AHIMA thought leader
• Peirce College IT Advisory Board
• National Medical Association
• National Black MBA- life member
• INROADS.org Alumni president
• Master of Science, Information Systems Management – University of Pittsburgh
• Bachelor of Science, Business Administration – Duquesne University
• Mayo Clinic Foundation – ITIL, SCRUM, Agile, and Waterfall Project management